6.03.2008


A vegetarian, in a not so veggie friendly world, I have found a love for cooking. Not your normal love either.  It might be a slightly unhealty (but actually healthy, GO VEG!) obcession. Constantly dreaming of recipes, flavor combos, and substitutions. The chemistry of food blows my mind.  Everyday, I try to learn as much as I can about cooking. I experiement. I fail miserably. I burn things. I succeed. I eat.  
I dream of being a vegan chef, living in San Francisco, rescuing as many animals as I can fit into the bed. But for right now, this blog with have to be my veggie-haven.  I have found so much inspiration on so many other vegan blogs, and I really look forward to posting some of my recipes, rants and reviews.  
This Memorial holiday was filled with beautiful weather, awesome friends, and a perfect party! I wanted to keep the menu simple, so I could also enjoy the festivities and guests.  I loved the french potato salad!  It is so much lighter than a normal mayo based salad.  I stuffed some grape tomatoes with a kalamata olive tapenade and some with mozzarella and basil. I loved they way they looked, but it really took longer than I expected. (I am sure there is a tool I could have used.)  Another hit was the homemade onion dip that I took from La Dolce Vegan.
All in all, I had a great time, and I have already started planning my next soiree.  I am thinking wine tasting/pairing. hmmm. 




5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so bummed that I missed this party! Dan and I used to love having big vegetarian parties. I really like the idea of a non mayo based potato salad. It sounds awesome.

Heather said...

The pasta salad was delicious!

AndreaTalarico said...

Thank you again for opening your home to us, and for the yummy food, too! Keep it up, lady.

VeganSweetiePie said...

I am so glad everyone enjoyed the party! We love having everyone over, and those that couldn't come, no worries.....there are plenty more to come!

Anonymous said...

Can I come too? I am ready for your tasty surprises! You've come a loooooooong way darlin. Top Romin anyone?